The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by A.N. Roquelaure 18 + book it is not for kids not at all


  3683      

This might be called sleeping beauty but this is not the sweet child story we all grew to love. If you do not like book that have sex, torture, or just make you feel as if you have just read something gross this is not the book for you. I have grown up reading Anne Rice's other works and because I love her work I trust her as an another that even these book will be good is a weird way.

It just weird and hurts my brain in parts. other part have me just closing the book in shock from the graphic sex/ torture in it. Yet other part have me hoping with the next page turn it will it get any better for Beauty because in her new life. In this world if you do what they want then  you will be treated like some type of pet and if you don't do what they want your beat the hell out of you and well that is if you are lucky. This is not a happy place of Beauty or an of the other princess and prince given to these people to take care of but I guess they need to learn that if you are royal then you need to know what it is to be the lowest of the low.

 I was in tears having to stop reading it because I could not handle it and at other part just what the fuck just happened having to reread parts of to even try to understand it. over all it was well I can't say good but it was mind opening book to well a creepy, sexual pain, and pleasure. Sometimes beautiful in a way once your mind is in this world you can see that the some charters do care about beauty and the other slaves. Other time just have me almost gagging or giving up on this all together. I do plan to read the next book. I want to understand this world better and see how it will change Beauty for the better or worse.

I give this book 2.5 out of 5. The story at part was vary hard for me to wrap my head around and some of the since for me just make me cry out of shock. All I have to say is nothing like starting out a book with a rape seen not. I love Anne Rice's other work. I also now under stand why my mother told me i wound have to be 18 to get my hands on this book.

I need to read the next two books in this set because the forth book just came out 4/21/15 and I want to get it I hope that beauty story get better in the later books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore

Reading list for February