The Ballet Lover's Companion by Zoe Anderson

23360222

This was the first book I readed about Ballet and the first non fiction book I have readed all the way though.

This book is not for people like me who don't know much about ballets because at the start of this book they give out names and shows that I have no idea of and I almost give up about 14 pages in. That my guess is that you need to have a back history of before hand because I didn't know anything really going in. Also with the word that  give you info photo wound have been good for them just so you can get a better idea of the terms you are given just so you can get a better idea of it. But the book did get better for me at I pushed thought the history it started to make since and I enjoyed it. I'm really enjoying the stories that are told in the ballets. And reading about who it has changed for it start in Italy in the courts of royals, French ballet school, and then Russia made it what it is today.

I wound give this book 3 stars out of 5. I was good but I don't really read non fiction. If you like ballet or reading about the history  of anything. Thank you Yale University Press, Zoe Anderson, and NetGalley for letting me read this early it was a nice change of pace for me to read something like this but it was fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore

Reading list for February

The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty by A.N. Roquelaure 18 + book it is not for kids not at all